Happy summer! Did you know these hot temps and sunny days can actually benefit your health? Summer is the perfect time to learn some new healthy habits. Check out these summer health tips!
- Berry Happy-Be “berry happy” this summer by loading up on berries. Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries are all in season during the summer. They contain fiber to keep cholesterol low and bellies full, as well as being rich in antioxidants. In fact, the nutrients in berries have been shown to prevent some cancers! Try to have a cup of mixed berries a day.
- Get Outside-Pick an outdoor activity, hiking, walking, cycling, roller blading, running, swimming, etc. and get active! The gym is nice, but can make you feel cooped up. Get outside for some fresh air and Vitamin D! Even better, include your family for that outside activity. The family that plays together, stays together!
- Rock Your Shades-Don’t forget your shades when heading outside. Wear sunglasses that block at least 99% of ultraviolet A and B rays. Wearing sunglasses is a summer health tips that can prevent wrinkles, eye damage, and cataracts!
- Catch Some ZZZs-Resist the urge to sleep late on those long summer days. Even though getting more sleep sounds like a good idea, going to bed around the same time every night and waking up around the same time every day is most beneficial for your health.
- Enjoy Vacation-Vacations are good for many reasons! They help lower your heart rate and blood pressure, as well as the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone contributes to heart disease and bigger waistlines. So do yourself a favor and relax and unwind!
There you have it! 5 simple summer health tips to boost your health this summer. Don’t forget to share them with your friends and family!
To stay up to date on all the latest from Medical Center Pharmacy, sign up to receive our newsletter! We love keeping our customers happy and healthy, and this is just one way we do that! Sign up here.